Faculty and Staff
Kambiz Etesami, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Division of Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery and Abdominal Organ Transplantation
Keck School of Medicine of USC
Dr. Etesami is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery in the Division of Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery and Abdominal Organ Transplantation at the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
Dr. Etesami specializes in adult and pediatric liver, bowel, kidney and pancreas transplantation. He additionally performs HPB surgery (relating to the liver, pancreas, and biliary systems), incorporating both traditional and minimally invasive techniques for a variety of benign and malignant conditions.
His medical interests include the expansion of organ availability and transplantation with a focus on living donation and maximized utilization of extended criteria organs, and management of advanced hepatobiliary & pancreatic neoplasia.
He is an active member of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons and is an associate fellow with the American College of Surgeons.
USC Hepatobiliary, Pancreas and Abdominal Organ Transplant
1450 San Pablo Street
Healthcare Consultation Center 4
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Phone: (323) 323 442-7172
Fax: (323) 442-7173
- USC University Hospital
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles
Areas of Treatment
- Adult & Pediatric abdominal organ transplantation, including liver, kidney, pancreas, & intestine
- Primary and metastatic liver cancers, including major hepatic resections & metastasectomy
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Management & repair of bile duct injuries
- Management of cholelithiasis & choledocholithiasis
- Surgical intervention for pancreatic and biliary malformations
- ASTS certified Abdominal multiviceral transplantation – adult & pediatric.
- ASTS certified Hepatobiliary & pancreatic surgery.
- MD; SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, Brooklyn, New York (08/2005 – 05/2009)
- MS in Physiology; Georgetown University, Washington DC (08/2004 – 07/2005)
- BA in Biochemistry; CUNY Hunter College, New York, NY (09/1999 – 05/2004)
Residencies and Fellowships
- Abdominal Transplant and HPB Surgery Fellow; Georgetown University Hospital (07/2014-07/2016)
- Chief Resident, General Surgery; New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital (07/2013 – 07/2014)
- Resident, General Surgery; New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital (07/2009 – 07/2013)
- ASTS Multi-Organ Transplant Surgery; (6/30/2016 – present)
- ASTS Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery; (6/30/2016 – present)
- American Board of Surgery Certified; (6/1/2017 – present)
- General Surgery accreditation #060369
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Dr. Leslie Wise Outstanding Resident Award; New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Alumni Association research grant; SUNY Downstate Alumni Association