Faculty and Staff
Mohd R. A. Sheikh, M.D.
M. Raashid Sheikh, MD received his Doctorate of Medicine from University of Kashmir, India. He completed his residency in general surgery at the University of Illinois, Chicago, and received his fellowship training in Hepatobiliary Surgery and Transplantation from University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA and Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic surgery and Robotic Surgery from Methodist Medical Center, Dallas, TX.
A board certified surgeon, Dr. Sheikh is a member of several associations including the American College of Surgeons, Americas Hepatopancreatobiliary Association, Society of Surgical Oncology and Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract.
Dr. Sheikh’s clinical expertise includes treating benign and malignant diseases of the liver, bile ducts, gallbladder, duodenum, pancreas and spleen with a focus in minimally invasive (robotic and laparoscopic) approach.
- Keck Hospital of USC
- Hoag Hospital
- St. Jude Medical Center
Areas of Treatment
- Hepatopancreatobiliary/Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery
- Benign Malignant Diseases of the Liver, Bile Duct, Gallbladder, and Pancreas
- Hepatobiliary Malignancies
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Doctor of Medicine (MBBS), University of Kashmir, India, 2004
- Masters in General Surgery (MS), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 2007
- Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital - General Surgery
- Guthrie Clinic & Drexel University, 2007 – 2009
- University of Illinois – Metro Group, 2012 - 2014
- Methodist Medical Center, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery/Upper GI Surgery
- University of Southern California, Hepatobiliary Surgery and Abdominal Organ Transplantation
- Association for Surgical Education, Surgical Education Research Fellowship (SERF)
- American Board of Surgery
- Educational Commission Foreign Medical Graduates Certification (0-675-243-0)
- MS General Surgery, AIIMS, India
- Certification of Da Vinci Robotic Console Surgeon
- BLS / ACLS / ATLS / PALS
- FLS (Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery)