Keck Medicine of USC is pleased to offer Outpatient Nutrition Therapy Services provided by a Registered Dietitian (RD) to assist you in managing your nutrition needs.
A Registered Dietitian is a professional who specializes in medical nutrition therapy. Working with a Registered Dietitian includes a comprehensive assessment of your food choices along with your eating & lifestyle habits, a thorough evaluation of your nutritional health and a personalized nutrition treatment and/or prevention plan. Together with a Registered Dietitian, you will set nutrition goals to improve your overall health and lifestyle.
The qualifications of a Registered Dietitian:
- BS Degree or higher in Food and Nutrition or related science
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics approved Dietetic Internship
- Registration through national examination by the Commission on Registration
- Mandatory continuing education professional education
Why Is Nutrition Important?
Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Combined with physical activity, your diet can help you to reach and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk and/or prevent chronic diseases (like heart disease and cancer), and promote your overall health.
The link between good nutrition and healthy weight, reduced chronic disease risk and overall health is too important to ignore. By taking steps to eat healthy, you'll be on your way to getting the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy, active and strong. Learning the real facts from a Registered Dietitian can help you improve your food choices, overall lifestyle and can help prevent chronic diseases.
As with physical activity, making small changes to your diet and lifestyle can go a long way...and it's easier than you think! Why not get started today?
Nutrition Therapy With A Registered Dietitian Is For:
- Food Allergies
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Diabetes (Type 1 & 2)
- Gestational Diabetes
- Failure To Thrive
- Eating Disorders
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol Or Triglycerides
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Sports Nutrition
- Weight Management
- Healthy Eating For A Healthy Lifestyle
- Prevention of chronic diseases
- And more!
A Registered Dietitian can help if you:
- Struggle with weight gain or loss
- Dislike your body image
- Routinely go on and off diets, only to regain the weight you lost
- Take vitamins and minerals...or wonder if you should
- Feel chronically fatigued or routinely lack energy
- Are discontent with your current eating & lifestyle habits
- Have a chronic disease, like high cholesterol, diabetes, or hypertension, or have relatives who do
- Want to improve the overall health of yourself and/or your family
- Need guidance navigating food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances
- Seeking individualized, tailored information & recommendations for prevention of disease and/or leading a healthier lifestyle
- And more!
Setting up an Appointment
You can obtain a referral from your physician or you can refer yourself.
Call (323) 442-5100 for more information.
See a Registered Dietitian from USC...
"Because it is what's inside that counts"
Healthcare Consultation Center II
1520 San Pablo Street
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Keck Medicine of USC
Outpatient Nutrition Services
We are making a DIFFERENCE...in your LIFE.
Related PDF Downloads